Welcome to Alberta Beach Activities
Alberta Beach Active 50 Plus Club Community Activities offers a huge variety of social activities, fosters friendships & strengthens bonds of companionship for our community adults, seniors, and their families.
Our modern facility the Heritage Centre at 5012 – 49 Avenue (P.O. Box 263, Alberta Beach, Ab T0E 0A0) (See Hall Rental) is available to the membership and can be rented for weddings, anniversaries, dinners, and a range of activities for all ages.
We believe that our Community Heritage Centre also provides an atmosphere of security, belonging, and well being to our membership. We are proud of it and welcome you to join in our programs and projects.
Situated in the community of Alberta Beach, Alberta, this small recreation village sits on the beautiful Lac Ste Anne Lake once named Wakamne or God’s Lake by the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation. Alberta Beach is a short 45 minutes west and north of Edmonton, Alberta.
And now… Today’s News 2020
All activities take place at the Heritage Centre, 5012 – 49 Avenue
(behind the Alberta Beach Hotel)
Alberta Beach and District 50+ Club Update as of November 26, 2020
All activities and social events scheduled for the hall are closed down immediately and we will review the situation early in the New Year. The SnoMo Days Supper may happen, but we don’t know yet: Saturday, February 13, 2021
In the meantime, we plan to combine our event in conjunction with the Lions Christmas Hampers and toy donations. We are planning on having the following event:
Saturday, December 12th
1. Meal – 1/2 Rack of Navy Rum Back Ribs, Baked potato with all the extras, Coleslaw, Maple-glazed carrots, Garlic Toast, and Apple Crumble for dessert. Everything pre-packaged in disposable containers.
2. Cost – Pre-pay $20.00 per person for Members.
– Pre-pay $25.00 per person for Non-Members
3. Dates – Members can reserve by calling Bob Clark (780-967-3640) or Joan Charbonneau (780-924-2186) as of Nov. 26th
Non- Members can reserve by calling Bob or Joan starting Monday, Nov. 30th
No reservations/cancellations will be accepted after Dec. 7th as only the amount of ribs on order at this time will be thawed out.
Note: Bob will be at the hall on Nov. 30th and Dec.7th from noon till 2:00 P.M. to accept payments and hamper/toy donations.
4. Pick-up Time – Meals will be ready by 5:00 P.M. and stay open until 7:00 P.M. Please bring your own bag for transporting.
5. Limitations – Only a maximum of 120 meals will be prepared for sale
– Curbside pick-up only, we will deliver to your vehicle and receive hamper/toy donations.
Please bring something for the Lions food and toy hampers as they rely on our club for support. If you can’t make it to the hall, the Alberta Beach Village Office will be accepting donations for the Lions Hampers during business hours. Also, you could send a cheque or gift card directly to the Lions Club at: Lions Club, PO Box 125, Alberta Beach, T0E 0A0 and they will purchase what is necessary.
Please remember, this is your club and your support would be greatly appreciated. This is a trial event and results from meals sold will determine whether this type of event will carry on or be terminated.
Bob Clark, President
AB & District Senior Citizens Club
We wish we could all still come by and support our club, visit with friends, and make some new ones. Soon, hopefully, soon.
Weekly Club Activities: (Please see links below for current activities available)